Basic Life Support / A.E.D. Medical Emergencies in General Dental Practice (07/02/19)
Healthcare providers have an obligation to provide resuscitation skills in the event of a cardiorespiratory arrest and to ensure that staff are trained and updated regularly to a level of proficiency appropriate to each individual’s expected role.
‘A patient could collapse on any premises at any time, whether they have received treatment or not. It is therefore essential that ALL registrants are trained in dealing with medical emergencies, including resuscitation, and possess up to date evidence of capability’.
General Dental Council ‘Scope of Practice’ 2013
This full day course uses a blend of both theoretical learning through teaching and discussions, along witth practical scenarions with teamwork and simmulations to ensure an interative course with questioning throughout.
The experiences instructor takes candidates through each step of the rescue process, from understanding why someone would have a cardiac arrest, how to perform CPR, how and why a defibrillator works, thorough to successfully being able to use a defibrillator safely and effectively. Recognising common medical emergencies that would present in general dental practice, through to effective management with teamwork and communication.
This full day course covers the following:
- Revision of the theory of Resuscitation and improving survival from cardiac and medical emergencies.
- Skills in how to access a collapsed patient.
- Hands on Practice using Adult / Paediatric Manikins for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Revision and Practice using oxygen and basic equipment including pocket mask and Bag Valve Mask.
- Practice using Simple airway adjuncts and suction devices.
- Revision and practical scenarios using A.E.D. in resuscitation.
- Revision and usage of standard dental emergency drugs.
- Practical teamwork scenarios on the management of medical emergencies: Chest pain / Angina / Asthma / Hypoglycaemia / Fits / Siezures / Anaphalaxis / Choking / Faints / Panic attacks.
Registration is at 09:15 and the course starts at 09:30. Expected finish time is 16:30pm.
The course takes place at LonDEC. Please see https://www.londec.co.uk/directions/
Course includes course notes, refreshments & light lunch. Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance from LonDEC, Kings College London Dental Institute and be awarded with 6 hours of verifiable CPD.
Phil is a resuscitation council trained instructor in both adult & paediatric advanced life support and is the resuscitation officer at the hospital of St Jon & Elizabeth - London.
|Course Date||07-02-2019 9:00 am|
|Course End Date||07-02-2019 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||22-10-2018|
|Cut off date||07-02-2019|
|Discounted Price||£119.00 (Until 24-01-2019)|